March

Parameter
The Official Newsletter of the Chicago Chapter of the American Statistical Association
March 2020
Important COVID-19 Update
The health and safety of our members is top of mind as we all navigate through the challenges that we are face today with COVID-19. As such, we held a special session of the board and have decided to postpone all chapter events for the near future. Specifically, we are postponing the March Luncheon and the Spring Conference and Workshop. We are committed as a chapter to hold these events when it is safe to meet in person as a group. Getting together as a community and networking is an important part of what we do as a chapter and we will continue to monitor the situation and reschedule those events when appropriate and safe to do so.
I appreciate the commitment from the board and the quick action that they took to make these decisions for our chapter. The board will continue to meet as planned over the next couple of months and we will communicate to our members, the new plans for these events as they develop.   I'd also like to thank the East Bank Club for their flexibility in re-scheduling the March luncheon and Northwestern for rescheduling the workshop at no cost to the chapter.

For those of you that have registered for the March luncheon, you can either receive a refund or apply those funds to a future event. Please reach out via the email below and we will coordinate.

I look forward to seeing everyone at these events when they are rescheduled. See below for more details.

I hope you and your families stay healthy and safe as we all adjust to this public health challenge.

Postponed events and their topics:

March Luncheon - Improving Predictive Performance with Extreme Gradient Boosting
Conference - Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing
Workshop - Interpretable Machine Learning

Please see our website for updates on the postponed events.