The Seasonal Adjustment Practitioners Workshop (SAPW) is offered approximately every 18 months by Government Statistics Section, the Business and Economic Section, and the Washington Statistical Society. Modeled after the successful Federal Forecasters Conference, this workshop provides an opportunity for those who work with official statistics and seasonal adjustment to present interesting issues, problems and applied research to a knowledgeable audience.
Speakers and attendees have
- Shared experiences in producing seasonal adjustments
- Provided details of interesting problems and possible solutions
- Discussed best practices in seasonal adjustment, trend estimation, time series modeling, and benchmarking/reconciliation
- Shared lessons learned, tips, and shortcuts
- Presented applied research in the practice of time series estimation.
Newer employees with seasonal adjustment responsibilities as well as those who are more experienced are welcome.
1st Seasonal Adjustment Practitioners Workshop, November 4, 2016
2nd Seasonal Adjustment Practitioners Workshop, April 26, 2018
3rd Seasonal Adjustment Practitioners Workshop, November 20, 2019