- Check out the July 2023 issue of the SRMS newsletter.
- SRMS letterhead is available for members.
- SRMS members can now access all the 2016-2022 AAPOR webinars for free.
2022 proceedings of the Joint Statistical Meetings for the Survey Research Methods Section are now available from the SRMS proceedings page. The following papers are included in the online proceedings of the Survey Research Methods Section:
- Papers presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings that are sponsored by the Survey Research Methods Section
- Papers presented at the AAPOR annual conference
For more information about how to include your JSM or AAPOR paper in the JSM proceedings, see the JSM submission page.
- Contributing a community and platform within the broader statistical community for sharing and discussing survey research, methodology, as well as emerging opportunities in our field. (For JSM 2023, SRMS sponsored 6 invited sessions, 9 topic-contributed sessions, 8 contributed sessions, and 18 poster and speed entries.)
- Being connected with the ASA survey research methods community and receiving an invitation to the annual section business meeting
- Representing the survey statistics community and showing solidarity and support to the survey research profession
- Accessing the SRMS email listserv and newsletter including career and learning opportunity announcements
- Subscribing to the Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology (JSSAM) including both the printed and online versions for free
- Participating in SRMS member-only discounts for webinars and short courses
- Receiving AAPOR member pricing on most webinars
- Viewing all the 2016-2022 AAPOR webinars for free. If you are already an AAPOR member with an account on the AAPOR website, please let Brady West (email@example.com) know that you would like to access the past webinars, and he will let the AAPOR staff know to upgrade your account privileges. If you do NOT yet have an AAPOR account, please visit portal.aapor.org, and click on the "set up an account" tab. Let Brady West (firstname.lastname@example.org) know when you've set up an account, and he will let the AAPOR staff know to upgrade your access privileges.
- Accessing to all the SRMS JSM proceedings, the ICES proceedings, the Hard to Reach (H2R) proceedings among others at the section’s proceedings website
- Supporting free student membership, student conference travel awards, and student paper awards
To become a member of the SRMS, you must be a member of the ASA. When applying for the ASA membership, select “Survey Research Methods” from the “Choose Your Section(s)” list. If you are already a member of the ASA or renewing your ASA membership, then login to your member’s only page and click the “Add Additional Chapter or Section” button.