The Boston Chapter first organized the Boston Pharmaceutical Symposium in 2017. Since then, the symposium has become a very successful annual event. The Boston Pharmaceutical Symposium provides a unique venue for sharing statistical applications and research in the biotech-pharma industry, and building connections among all colleagues of the Greater Boston area engaged in statistical practice. We welcome the participation from industry statisticians, academia researchers, university students, and any professionals interested in pharmaceutical statistical topics.
The 2023 Boston Pharmaceutical Symposium will be held at Sanofi’s Campus, in Cambridge MA on October 13, 2023. It’s going to be a full-day event, featuring invited talks, a poster session, network opportunities, and much more.
All participants in the symposium must register by Friday, October 6. The registration fee covers a light breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, and symposium materials.
Please note: Valid photo ID is required at registration and must be presented to the Sanofi security. Requirements to enter Sanofi buildings are subject to change.
Note to poster presenters: all presenters are expected to register for the symposium and are responsible for printing and transport of the poster. For additional information, please contact ASA.Boston.Pharm.Symposium@gmail.com.
• From Traditional Statistics to AI for Clinical Trials and Beyond - A Paradigm Shift by Mark Chang, Founder, Adjunct Professor, AGInception, Boston University
• Strategic Innovations in Clinical Development: Unpacking the Statistical Team's Significance by Sammi Tang, Global Head of Biometrics, Co-founder of DahShu, Servier
• A multi-arm two-stage (MATS) design for proof-of-concept and dose optimization in early-phase oncology trials by Gu Mi, Director, Senior Statistical Project Lead, Sanofi
• Optimization of Graphic Multiple Comparison Procedures in Confirmatory Trials by George Kong/Ting Wang, Director, Biostatistics/Sr. Principal Biostatistician, Biogen
• Master Protocols in a Pandemic: A Case Study in Statistical Leadership by Lisa LaVange, Professor and Former Chair, Department of Biostatistics, UNC – Chapel Hill
• Hybrid platform trial incorporating external data by Wei Wei, Senior manager, Statistics, Takeda
• Marginal versus conditional rate estimation for count and recurrent event data with an estimand framework by Sarah Conner, Real World Principal Biostatistician, Vertex
• How large-scale simulation is reshaping clinical development strategy: an insider’s guide by Yannis Jemiai, Chief Scientific Officer, Cytel
• Enriching Real-World Data Based Studies by Conducting Linkage among Multiple Data Sources by Tianyu Sun, Manager, Real-World Evidence Analytics, Moderna
Thank you to our 2023 Boston Pharmaceutical Symposium sponsors
We thank our colleagues at Sanofi for hosting this event. Financial support from Platinum Sponsor ASA Biopharmaceutical Section; Gold Sponsors Phastar and Servier; Silver Sponsors Cytel, MaxisIT, and Algorics are gratefully acknowledged.
2023 Boston Pharmaceutical Symposium Scientific Committee
Jianjun Hua, Dartmouth College
Zhaoyang Teng, Servier
Symposium Vice-Chair and Venue Host
Gautier Paux, Sanofi
Xihao Li, UNC-Chapel Hill, formerly Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Kristin Baltrusaitis, Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
President of Boston Chapter of ASA
Wenting Cheng, Biogen
Symposium Scientific Committee Members
Hailu Chen, Biogen
Brooks Clark, Cytel
Charmaine Demanuele, Pfizer
Jimmy Efird, VA CSPCC - Boston
Lei Gao, Moderna
Kosalaram Goteti, EMD Serono & ISOP (SxP-SIG)
Geoffery Grove, Cytel
Ina Jazic, Vertex
Kush Kapur, Argenx
Jun Ke, Astrazeneca
Hrishikesh Kulkarni, Alexion
Qing Li, Morphosys
Jianchang Lin, Takeda
Charles Liu, Gilead
Jameson Luks, MaxisIT
Veena Somayaji, Pfizer
Disa Yu, Sanofi
Weidong Zhang, Sana Biotechnology