You do not need to be a member of the ASA to join our Interest Group! But
you must first have an account on the ASA Community (which is free to join even if you are not a member of ASA). You should already have a Community account if you are an ASA member or you've attended a JSM. The steps to join are outlined below. If you have any problems, then please contact Statistics in History SIG leadership
- Go to: http://community.amstat.org/home
- Click the Sign In button in the upper right corner.
- Login in or sign up for a new ASA Community account (link is center-bottom). NOTE: You do not have to be an ASA member to get a Community account. You probably have an account if you’ve attended recent JSMs. If you have such an account, then use it to sign in to the ASA Community.
- Go to this page after logging in: http://community.amstat.org/communities/allcommunities?DisplayBy=3&OrderBy=0&CommunityTypeKey=939e2132-5200-4079-8f2f-3c22286b3072&FilterBy=
- If this link doesn't work, then go to the Communities Menu Item - All Communities. Then, select Member Created Communities in one drop-down box and Alphabetical order in the last drop-down box. See image below.
- Find the History of Statistics IG in the list. There should be a blue Join button. Click the button and follow the instructions to join.