JSM2011

Joint Statistical Meeting 2011

Miami Beach, Florida, July 30 - August 4 

At the Joint Statistical Meeting in Maimi this year we will be very proud to officially announce the formation of the Friends of Australasia and to report on the success of the upcoming conference that we will be holding in Fiji.

For those who will be attending the Joint Statistical Meeting I would like to bring to your attention four events that we will be organising there (see flyer).

Specifically these events are:

• a round-table discussion entitled   "Do you want to visit Australasia ", aimed at JSM delegates who are considering visiting or working in our region
              • a round-table discussion entitled "Teaching Health Policy Statistics in the Pacific Islands ", where I will explore the successes (and the lessons that we learnt for next time) with the conference in Fiji
              • a round-table discussion entitled "Preparing to Work in a Developing Country  ", for anyone preparing for a short visit or a long stay in such a country
              • the open business meeting for the Friends of Australasia where we will present an overview of all of the activities that the FoA is involved with, and to engage in a larger discussion

I look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions about these events.

Mark Griffin (m.griffin <at> adasis-oz.com)

Chair of the Friends of Australasia