2022 NIC-ASA & ICSA Midwest Chapter Joint Fall Meeting
October 5-6, Wednesday & Thursday, 2022
The annual joint meeting of the NIC-ASA and ICSA Midwest Chapter was held on October 5-6, 2022 (Wednesday and Thursday). The meeting was a face-to-face event at the Hilton Chicago/Northbrook.
October 5 (Wednesday):
- Exploring and Analyzing Safety Data Using Python: Melvin Munsaka (AbbVie).
- Bayesian Design, Modeling and Computation in Clinical Trials: Sanjib Basu (UIC).
A cocktail hour was held following the afternoon course.
October 6 (Thursday):
Keynote Address by Stephanie Dunbar (VP, Head of Statistical Sciences & Analytics, AbbVie)
- On market approval and market access: statistical advancement in Health Technology Assessment.
- Strengthening the Design and Inference from External Evidence Synthesis: Bayesian and Causal Inference Methods.
- Real-World Evidence – From foundation supporting causal inference to applications in clinical development and regulatory decision-making.
- Complex and Innovative Clinical Trial Designs and Analysis Methods.
- Innovative Design and Analytics for Clinical Trials and EHR Data.
- Bayesian Approach to Early Phase Development in Oncology.
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: How to Become a Successful Statistician in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Student Focused events:
- Poster Exhibition (all afternoon)
- Roundtable focusing on internship opportunities (during lunch)
More information may be found on the program flyer and program book.