Statistical Consulting Section

View Only

Latest Discussion Posts

• One of my triggers is the use of average suggesting "typical" when mean is intended, such as presenting the mean salary of statisticians as the salary of the average statistician (whatever that is). David ------------------------------ David Bristol ...

• Dear Ralph, Thanks very much for your suggestions and very useful guidance regarding use of the log scale on the X (OR) axis when doing the forest plot. Regards Novie ------------------------------ Novie Younger-Coleman Statistician Caribbean Institute ...

• Thanks very much for introducing me to the Cleveland dot plot, Christopher. Subsequent to receiving your message I was looking at this web page that also features use for R to create the dot plot. ( https://r-graphics.org/recipe-bar-graph-dot-plot ) ...

• (apologies for cross-posting ) Title: Complementing Human Effort in Online Reviews: An Artificial Intelligence Approach to Automatic Content Generation and Review Synthesis Abstract: Online product reviews are ubiquitous and helpful sources ...