ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Register for NC-ASA Chapter IIG Webinar (02/22/2019, 12:00pm)

Posted 02-15-2019 16:34
    Hi folks,

This is just remind you to register for our webinar scheduled for next Friday. Thanks to many of you who have already registered. We are still accepting new registrations and the attendance is FREE!

You may know that we are launching our webinar series stating this year and NC Chapter of ASA's IIG will host two 2-part series on Data Science and on Machine Learning; check out the website community.amstat.org/northcarolina/events/webinars for further details.
    Please Register online  to watch the first webinar to be held on Feb 22nd @ 12:00 noon, EST:

Title: What does Data Science
     mean to an Executive?
    Presenter: Aric LaBarr, NCSU Institute of Advanced Analytics

--Sujit Ghosh (on behalf of the Industrial Interest Group)

------------------------------
    Sujit K. Ghosh, Professor
    Department of Statistics, NC State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
    http://www.stat.ncsu.edu/people/ghosh/
    http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8351-408X

• 2.  RE: Register for NC-ASA Chapter IIG Webinar (02/22/2019, 12:00pm)

Posted 02-22-2019 13:04
    Where will the link to the recording of the video for the NC-ASA webinar #1 be posted so I can use it in my class?  Also, will it eventually be closed captioned?

Thank you,
    Bernie​

Bernadette Lanciaux
    Instructional Faculty
    RIT School of Mathematical Sciences

• 3.  RE: Register for NC-ASA Chapter IIG Webinar (02/22/2019, 12:00pm)

Posted 02-25-2019 09:59
    Edited by Ryne VanKrevelen 02-25-2019 09:59
    Hi Bernie,

The link to the recording of the video has been posted on NC-ASA's brand new YouTube channel (link here). We plan to also post future webinars here. There is a button to add close captioning on the video. This was done automatically, so I'm not sure how well it does, but I'd love to hear any feedback on it if you use them.

Best,

Ryne

Ryne VanKrevelen
    Lecturer in Statistics
    Elon University
    North Carolina ASA Chapter Representative

• 4.  RE: Register for NC-ASA Chapter IIG Webinar (02/22/2019, 12:00pm)

Posted 02-25-2019 10:21
    I thought it was a TERRIFIC  talk and one all academics SHOULD watch, (but I know they won't). But I can require my students to watch it!  RIT, where I teach is the home of the National Technical Institute of the Deaf so to use anything in my classes, it has to be CC'd.  The auto CC will help but I will need to have our staff use that as a base and bring it up to professional quality when I get to use it.  (I am not teaching this semester.).  I will share the link when I get it done.

Best regards,
    Bernie

Professor Bernadette Lanciaux 
    School of Mathematical Sciences
    Rochester Institute of Technology 
    Rochester, NY 14623

• 5.  RE: Register for NC-ASA Chapter IIG Webinar (02/22/2019, 12:00pm)

Posted 03-08-2019 14:55
    I also thought it was a terrific webinar.  Aric will be presenting again in the series on "Proper Model Validation" later this fall .  NC ASA's next professional webinar will be Introduction to Modern Machine Learning Techniques by Funda Gunes at SAS on Friday May 17th at 12pm.
    Details and registration can be found on NC ASA's webinar page: https://community.amstat.org/northcarolina/events/webinars

Elizabeth Mannshardt
    US Environmental Protection Agency