ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Question about data mining journal

Posted 09-29-2018 23:14
    I was curious if anyone has subscribed to Statistical Analysis and Data Mining: The ASA Data Science Journal. I looked at the price and had a little sticker shock. Is it really $1000-$2000 for ASA members? What's the difference between the small, medium, and large issues?

------------------------------
    Ryan Boch
    Software Engineer
    Cerner

• 2.  RE: Question about data mining journal

Posted 10-01-2018 15:48
    I believe that you are looking at the institutional subscription prices, where small, medium, and large have to do with the size of the schools. (1-10000, 100001-40000, 40000+ full-time equivalent students, respectively, for academic institutions).  Note that there are other definitions of S/M/L for companies and hospitals.  In a quick look through their website, I was unable to find the cost of an individual subscription.

Scott Nestler

• 3.  RE: Question about data mining journal

Posted 10-08-2018 11:27

Hello, @Ryan Boch,

I've reached out to Eric Sampson, our journals and publications manager, to ask about individual pricing for this journal. I'll post his response once I receive it!

- Lara 

Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association

• 4.  RE: Question about data mining journal

Posted 10-08-2018 12:32
    Thank you @Scott Nestler and @Lara Harmon for the responses. I've really struggled finding an applicable journal for my field (general applied data mining and analysis). I'm wondering if this journal might be the one that fits best.

Ryan Boch
    Software Engineer
    Cerner

• 5.  RE: Question about data mining journal

Posted 12-06-2018 12:37
    Hello, @Ryan Boch (and other members interested in Statistical Analysis and Data Mining: The ASA Data Science Journal),​​This answer comes late, but I wanted to make sure online access was working properly before I shared it here. You should be able to access the journal online now as part of your ASA membership. When you log in amstat.org, you should be taken to your Members Only page. On that page, click on "My Publications" and then "Statistical Analysis and Data Mining." You should be taken to the Wiley Online portal for the journal and have full access to its articles.

- Lara

Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association

• 6.  RE: Question about data mining journal

Posted 12-11-2018 11:11
    Thank you @Lara Harmon I am able to access the articles now.

Ryan Boch
    Software Engineer
    Cerner