ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  What happened to this ASA Connect Digest?

Posted 05-26-2017 08:40
    Are the serious questions regarding statistical approaches, that once appeared daily in this ASA Connect Digest, now in a new location? If I missed the announcement of that change, then I do apologize for my question.

But what this Digest now seems to consist of is primarily: advertisements of conferences, soft generic questions, and "odd" questions that may be fun but usually are not statistically challenging. This content is reasonable, but where are the additional technically challenging questions? Are readers no longer submitting them, or does the Digest staff now cull or limit the posted questions?

A few years ago, I would read the Digest and can honestly state that I learned something new daily about statistics and statistical approaches. I can no longer make that claim.

Are the questions of bygone years now in a new location, or is the material that appears in the current Digest what has been identified as most desired by its target market, or are the readers no longer submitting such questions?

And, if the answer is that the readers are no longer submitting such questions, then it begs the question, why?

Once an avid Digest reader,
    Gretchen
    Sent from my iPad

• 2.  RE: What happened to this ASA Connect Digest?

Posted 05-29-2017 03:40
    Gretchen -

Perhaps the proliferation of resources on the internet is responsible for your observation.  Many go to Stack Exchange or ResearchGate and/or perhaps other sources for such discussions now.   I suggest you stay with the ASA Connect Digest, but also go to one or more of those other sources for more stimulus when desired. 

Cheers - Jim