ASA Connect

View Only

2018 International Conference Opportunities

• 1.  2018 International Conference Opportunities

Posted 08-14-2017 20:13
    Hello All,
    There are several very exciting conference opportunities in the summer of 2018. These opportunities include:

• APORS 2018 (the 11th Triennial International Conference of the
 Association of Asia Pacific Operational Research Societies) will be hosted by the Operational Research Society of Nepal (ORSN) on August 6-9, 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal. I was able to spend some time in Kathmandu, Bharatpur, and Chitwan when I spoke at the 2014 ORSN Conference, and I thoroughly enjoyed Nepal - the country and its culture are beautiful! Please let me know if you would like to present your research and/or organize a session for this conference.
    • The 2018 INFORMS International Conference will be held in Taipei, Taiwan on June 17-20. The theme is A Better World Through O.R., Analytics, and AI. I am organizing clusters in education and sports, so please contact me if me if you would like give a talk and/or organize a session for this conference. This promises to be a terrific conference and venue. Visit http://meetings2.informs.org/wordpress/2018international/ for more information.
    • EURO 2018 (the largest European conference for Operational Research and Management Science) will be hosted by the Spanish Statistics and Operations Research Society.in Valencia, Spain on July 8-11, 2018. I have attended several EURO conferences and have enjoyed each very much, and Valencia is a very attractive venue! Visit http://euro2018valencia.com/ for more information.
    These organizations and conferences encourage statisticians to participate, and I encourage you to keep these opportunities in mind when you are making plans for 2018! And I apologize for any cross-postings.
    Best regards,
    Jim

------------------------------
    James Cochran
    Associate Dean for Research
    Professor of Applied Statistics and the Rogers-Spivey Faculty Fellow
    University of Alabama
    ------------------------------