ASA Connect

View Only

JSM 2020 Invited Sessions: Call for Invited Session Proposals

• 1.  JSM 2020 Invited Sessions: Call for Invited Session Proposals

Posted 08-14-2019 11:44

Dear ASA members,

The 2020 Joint Statistical Meetings will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from August 1 – August 6, 2020. The theme of the JSM 2020 meetings is Everyone Counts: Data for the Public Good.  

The Business and Economic Statistics Section is soliciting proposals for invited sessions. Details about how to organize and submit proposals are available at https://ww2.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2020/invitedsessions.cfm. The deadline for submitting proposals is September 5, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

To submit an invited session proposal, you will need the following:

1. Session Type (Invited)
    2. Session Subtype (Paper or Panel)
    3. Sponsor (Select Business and Economic Statistics Section). A pull-down screen with a pre-approved list is provided; organizers can select no more than three.
    4. Session Title
    5. Session Description. Please provide any of the following information:
      • Short description of session, including focus, content, timeliness, and appeal
      • List of invited speakers/panelists, including affiliations and email addresses for each and tentative title for each presentation
      • Format of session (e.g., chair, three speakers, and discussant)
      • No Abstracts are required for submission at this time
    6. Session organizer, including affiliation and email address
    7. Session chair, including affiliation and email address
    8. Discussant (if any), including affiliation and email address

There are a limited number of invited sessions and the selection process will be competitive. As 2020 Program Chair for the B&E section, I will do my best to ensure B&E themed sessions are selected for the JSM 2020 program. Please feel free to contact me (Mariana Saenz;

msayala@georgiasouthern.edu) if you would like to discuss your proposal ideas.

------------------------------
    Mariana Saenz
    Assistant Professor of Economics
    ------------------------------