ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Minyan at JSM

Posted 07-24-2017 05:26
    We are arranging to get a room at the Hilton for this. From the feedback, it looks like the best time for everybody would be the evening. The plan is to start a little after 6, shortly after the main program ends at 5:50, each day starting on Sunday. We will let you know what room it is soon. I am also attempting to get a few community people to join in case the number at JSM is insufficient. If people want to go elsewhere for Tisha B'Av we can discuss at the first one on Sunday.

Jonathan Siegel
    Associate Director Clinical Statistics

Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Minyan at JSM

Posted 07-25-2017 08:22
    ​Hello,
    I'd be interested in joining such a minyan, but doesn't the evening service begin at sundown?  There's an ASA event earlier that evening I won't want to miss.
    Thank you.

------------------------------
    Morris Olitsky
    Statistician
    USDA

• 3.  RE: Minyan at JSM

Posted 07-28-2017 13:42

We can do mincha then. Maariv does not have to be after sundown but it can't be that early -- 6:52pm is the earliest on Sunday. 

B'nai Israel is having only a Monday night service for Tisha B'Av, no morning service. 

Charles Hall
    Professor
    Albert Einstein College of Medicine

• 4.  RE: Minyan at JSM

Posted 07-28-2017 13:58
    The opening mixer is Sunday night from 830pm to 1030pm. Sunset is at 821pm. Should we try for a minyan for mincha/maariv at 805pm? 

Charles Hall
    Professor
    Albert Einstein College of Medicine