ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Online PhD

Posted 08-10-2017 14:05

Dear All,

I am also looking for online PhD program. I am working full time as a Sr Biostatistician and want to pursue PhD. I have MS in Biostatistics and have 10 years of experience in the industry.

Best Regards,

Keerti

• 2.  RE: Online PhD

Posted 08-11-2017 12:55
    ​I'm in the same situation.  I'm not in a position where I can stop working and go to school full-time, which many PhD programs require.  But, I would like to expand on my two Master's Degrees (Statistics and biostatistics) and get a PhD.  But there are no on-line programs.

------------------------------
    Barbara Wojciechowski
    Statistician
    National Institutes of Health

• 3.  RE: Online PhD

Posted 08-14-2017 08:55
    Hi Barbara and Keerti,

Similar to my reply to Megan's message, you may find something of interest in looking for doctorates by research-only (no taught component).

These are typical in the UK and, advantageously, likely require much less in-person time and might be more closely tailored to professional obligations.

Deep back in the fuzzy parts of my memory, I recall meeting some pharma statisticians who were completing their doctorates at Univ of Reading while working full-time in the US.

If that seems like an attractive option, perhaps it's a good place to start your (google) search.

Good luck!

Glen Wright Colopy
    DPhil Student
    University of Oxford

• 4.  RE: Online PhD

Posted 04-30-2020 20:31
    Hello,

I know that this is an old thread, but this is a topic that I'm interested in. Would anyone like to discuss their experience in this area?

Thanks,
    -Jeff Swartzel

Jeffrey Swartzel
    Scientist