This blog entry tracks FY14 appropriations developments for NSF and NIH and so will updated accordingly. (See log updates below.) To receive notifications of updates, follow ASA Science Policy on Twitter: @ASA_SciPol.
1/13: The omnibus levels are the "raw numbers" in the omnibus bill, by which I mean I haven't looked at the fine print rescissions or other such trims/cuts from these levels. The House and Senate still need to pass the omnibus, at which point it would go to the president for his signature. [1/24/14: See also the FASEB Analysis of the final FY13 NIH budget. 2/3/14: See the AAAS Analysis. 2/20/14: See the Science article, NIH Is Losing Its Funding Edge, 2014 Budget Suggests.]
Levels in billions of dollars
Latest Action: *Subcommittee mark-up; **Committee mark-up; ***Passed the Floor
Updates (and sources):
- 1/13/14: omnibus levels
- 7/16/13: Senate CJS Approps summary
- 7/11/13: Senate Labor/HHS Approps bill summary.
- 7/10/13: House CJS Approps summary.
- FY14 Budget Request for NIH, NSF, and Statistical Agencies, Amstat News, June 2013.
- Congress Finalizes FY13 Budgets, Amstat News, June 2013
- FY14 NSF and NIH Budget Request, ASA Community Blog Entry
- FY14 Statistical Agencies Budget Request, an ASA Community blog entry
- Sequestration Impacts on NSF, NIH and Statistical Agencies, ASA Community Blog Entry
- FY13 NSF and NIH Budget Developments, an ASA Community blog entry
- FY13 Statistical Agency Budget Developments, an ASA Community blog entry
- FY13 Budget Request: Flat Funding to Significant Increases for NIH, NSF, Statistical Agencies, Amstat News, April 2012
- FY13 Statistical Agency Budget Request, an ASA Community blog entry
- Table tracking the FY12 NSF and NIH budget developments at Congress Continues Work on FY12 Budget: Senate cuts NSF 2.4% and Census by 8%, an ASA Community blog entry
- 2012 Budget Request for NSF and NIH, an ASA Community blog entry
- FY 2012 Federal Budget Request (NSF, NIH), an Amstat News piece by Keith Crank