Message Image  

Science Policy

Latest Discussion Posts

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Community Blogs

• President Obama named ASA Fellow Katharine Abraham to chair the Commission on Evidence-Based Policymaking on May 20. His appointment adds to three made by Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid: ASA Fellow Robert Groves, Jeffrey Liebman, and Kim Wallin...

• With ASA's continued work to show the importance and benefits of engaging statistics in Big Data, the BRAIN Initiative, and the Precision Medicine Initiative, I am continuing the blog entries showing the JSM talks related to Data Science & Big...

• Following up on my 2013 , 2014 , and 2015 blog entries on the same topic, here are the 2015 sessions that mention "Big Data" or "Data Science" in the title or the abstract, or seems strongly related to the topic. See also, Neuroscience...

• We recently received a couple inquiries on the demand for PhD statisticians and biostatisticians. A new piece in Inside Higher Education (IHE), The Shrinking Ph.D. Job Market , also addresses the broader market for PhDs and so I thought it would be...

• The statistical community is celebrating this week the news of Sally C Morton being named as dean for Virginia Tech College of Science . Morton will join a growing list of statisticians who are or have been in senior university administration positions,...

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.