Message Image  

Science Policy

Latest Discussion Posts

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Community Blogs

• On Friday, July 22, the Census Bureau hosted the inaugural meeting of the Commission on Evidence-Based Policymaking at the National Academy of Sciences building. All 15 members have been named, including two fellows and one member of the American Statistical...

• With Congress expect to recess next week through Labor Day, this week is expected to be full of legislative activity. However, little action is expected on either the American Innovation and Competitiveness Act or the various appropriations bills (there...

• Following the House’s controversial and partisan bills in 2014 and 2015 to reauthorize the National Science Foundation (NSF), four Senators of both parties have introduced a bill to reauthorize the NSF, the National Institute of Standards and Technology...

• Hi all! First, allow me to introduce myself… my name is Amy Nussbaum, and I am the ASA’s inaugural Science Policy fellow. The ASA board voted last year to create my position in an effort to continue raising the profile of statistics among policy makers...

• [6/15/16 update: This commission will be the topic of a JSM Late-Breaking Session: " Invest in What Works: First Steps Toward Establishing Evidence-Based Policymaking Clearinghouse ", Mon, 8/1/2016, 2:00 PM - 3:50 PM CC-W375b. 6/28/16: President...