ASA Connect

View Only

ASA Presidential Candidate Forum - Kathy Ensor

• 1.  ASA Presidential Candidate Forum - Kathy Ensor

Posted 03-25-2020 14:51
    Dear ASA Members,

First of all and most importantly, I wish everyone the very best during these challenging global times.

The current times affirm for me the importance of our profession, and I am honored to be a candidate for President of our organization. Next week, voting begins for your ASA Board of Directors, so I write to invite you to attend an open forum where I will discuss my platform and answer any questions you may have regarding my potential presidency.

Voting begins at 12:01 ET March 30 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on May 1. (look for an email!)

Sign-up for one of my open forum's via eventbrite: Zoom information will be sent to registered participants. Google Document for Questions: If you would like to state questions in advance of the forum, please add to the following google document ASA Candidacy Statement: On my faculty website (ensor.rice.edu), I have included a candidacy statement (http://ensor.rice.edu/asa-presidential-candidacy-statement/) where I discuss areas of
    • Leadership
    • Data science
    • Urban Analytics and the changing landscape of data privacy and use
    I look forward to learning from you on March 27th, April 3rd, and/or April 9th.

With very best regards,

Kathy Ensor
    ASA Presidential Candidate for 2021
    Noah G. Harding Professor of Statistics
    Rice University
    kathy.bennett.ensor@gmail.com