ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Personal help needed--comment needed on my paper

Posted 12-15-2020 10:27
    Edited by Xingyu Zhang 12-15-2020 14:13
    Hi, 
    This is Mark Zhang, a research faculty from the University of Michigan. I hope you are doing well.  
    I am preparing for my U.S. residency application. One of the criteria of approval is the evidence of the applicant's original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field. The recommendation letter from the independent references (meaning they have not worked with you and are unaffiliated with the applicants) is strongest. 
    Can I ask if any of you in biostatistics, health service, clinical research can write a reference letter to support my application? Basically, I want you to comment on several of my publications. I appreciate your kindness.

Thanks very much.
    -Mark

------------------------------
    Xingyu Zhang
    Research Assistant Professor
    University of Michigan

• 2.  RE: Personal help needed--comment needed on my paper

Posted 12-15-2020 10:47
    Hi Mark,
    Can you confirm whether this is for an O-1 visa?
    https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/o-1-visa-individuals-with-extraordinary-ability-or-achievement
    That might help people understand the requirements.
    Best,
    Glen

Glen Wright Colopy
    DPhil Oxon
    Data Scientist at Cenduit LLC, Durham, NC

• 3.  RE: Personal help needed--comment needed on my paper

Posted 12-15-2020 10:54
    Edited by Xingyu Zhang 12-15-2020 10:56
    Hi Glen,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is for EB1 visa,
    https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-first-preference-eb-1

I have several letters from my current institution University of Michigan and my previous Emory Uni, but the immigration office said that was not enough, they need some letters from outside my employment and collaboration. I don't have any connections outside, so I come here to beg for help. Thanks
    -Mark 

Xingyu Zhang
    Research Assistant Porfessor
    University of Michigan