ASA Connect

View Only

SDSU Institutional Research Data Scientist position

• 1.  SDSU Institutional Research Data Scientist position

Posted 08-25-2021 15:51
    Hi all,

I have been working as a faculty advisor in our Institutional Research office for a number of years now.  Fascinating projects and data related to student success and university decision-making.  I think it is an area of work we as statisticians/statistics students do not often think about as a career path.

To that end, the SDSU Analytic Studies and Institutional Research office is hiring a data scientist.  Below is the brief job ad.  Feel free to bounce questions off me or our new Director of Student Success Analytics Dr. Erin Jacobs.

----------

Dear Colleagues,
    I am excited to share that we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our dynamic team at San Diego State University.
    The Office of Analytic Studies & Institutional Research (ASIR) is looking for a Data Scientist who can utilize statistical expertise and innovative machine learning techniques to analyze and translate complex institutional data into usable information to support university decision-makers and positively impact the success of our students. 
    This is a full-time position and our team is currently working in a hybrid modality with up to three teleworking days.  
    If you are interested in applying or know someone who would be great for this position, please view and share the link to the job posting below. If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out! 

------------------------------
    Richard Levine
    San Diego State University
    ------------------------------