ASA Connect

View Only

[EXTERNAL]RE: ASA Connect : Software for stratified randomization lists

• 1.  [EXTERNAL]RE: ASA Connect : Software for stratified randomization lists

Posted 02-17-2020 17:35

Dear Dr. Benn:

Thanks so much for suggesting RRApp.   I have used it once already, and am preparing to use it to generate a large stratified permuted block randomization scheme, with just 2 treatment arms, but for 8 strata.

When the program generates one of those, can you please answer these questions for me:

1)      What is the size of the random permuted block (RPB) ?

2)      Are the RPBs of the same size (i.e., length) for the entire randomization list for a given stratum ?

3)      Or, can the program use RPBs of varying sizes (i.e., lengths) within a given randomization list ?

4)      How can the user have control over those characteristics of the randomization list(s) ?

I look forward to your reply.   Thanks again for informing me of RRapp.   Very useful.

...  Lance Heilbrun.

Lance K. Heilbrun, Ph.D., M.P.H.

Professor, Department of Oncology

Wayne State University School of Medicine

Assistant Director, Biostatistics Core

Karmanos Cancer Institute

Office:   Mid Med Research Building,  3rd Floor

87 East Canfield

Detroit, MI    48201       E-mail:   heilbrun@karmanos.org         phone:   313 / 576-8652         FAX:     313 / 576-8656

Perhaps you might want to consider using our free Robust Randomization App (RRApp): clinicalresearch-apps.com/RRApp.html . Briefly our app... -replied to the "ASA Connect" community

Please note that using your email client's "Reply" option will send your response to all members of the discussion group. To send a private message to one person, click the blue "Reply to Sender" button at the upper right of their post.

ASA Connect

Post New Message Online

Re: Software for stratified randomization lists

Jan 21, 2020 5:04 PM

Emma Benn

Perhaps you might want to consider using our free Robust Randomization App (RRApp): clinicalresearch-apps.com/RRApp.html .

Briefly our app generates simple, stratified, block, stratified block, permuted block, and stratified permuted block randomization schemes.

The generated randomization schemes can also be directly imported into REDCap if you'd like.

Also, here is the citation if you would like to read more about our app:

Tu, C., & Benn, E. K. (2017). RRApp, a robust randomization app, for clinical and translational research. Journal of clinical and translational science1(6), 323-327.

------------------------------
    Emma Benn
    Associate Professor
    Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
    ------------------------------

Reply to Group Online   Reply to Sender   View Thread   Recommend   Forward   Flag as Inappropriate   Post New Message Online