ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Are you having trouble downloading JASA or other journal articles?

Posted 03-24-2017 17:41
    Hello, all!

After I posted about new JASA articles earlier, several of you contacted me letting you know the Taylor & Francis journal website isn't recognizing you as logged-in ASA members, even when you've logged in at amstat.org, have your browser set to accept cookies, and agree with the Taylor & Francis' website's request to accept cookies. (When you first visit the Taylor & Francis website, you should see that request in a bar at the bottom of your screen, as in this image--outlined in red:

FBl6cP5hTMirUm1b2auG_TF Cookies Banner.jpg)

I've let our IT department know Taylor & Francis' website may be having some issues communicating with amstat.org and with recognizing logged-in members.

If you're experiencing difficulties accessing articles even after logging in to amstat.org, let me know at lara@amstat.com. In your email, please include the name and version of the internet browser you're using.

(And if you're comfortable with doing so and able to, a quick video-capture of what it looks from the point when you log in to amstat.org to the point when you try to access an article would be amazing! I use the free tool Jing to capture and share support videos like this, myself, but I'm sure there are other tools available. Still screencaptures would also be helpful, if you can't record video!)

Thank you for your patience as we work to solve this issue!

- Lara

------------------------------
    Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association

• 2.  RE: Are you having trouble downloading JASA or other journal articles?

Posted 03-28-2017 17:17

Hello, all!

It looks like I've been giving you flawed directions for accessing ASA online journal articles reliably. The video and instructions below show the correct path for accessing online journal articles. Thank you for your patience!

View the video guide to accessing ASA online journal articles here: https://youtu.be/qlcOonU8ZK8

How to Access Online Journal Articles:

To access online journal articles included with your ASA membership, follow the steps below.

1. Go to amstat.org.
    2. Click on “Login” towards the upper right.
    3. Sign in using your username and password. If you can’t remember yours, or if they don’t work, contact us at asainfo@amstat.org, and we’ll provide you with a temporary password.
    4. Click on “ASA Publications” from the list of options on the “Members Only” page.
    5. Click on the title of the journal you would like to access from the “Journals” column on the right side of the screen. If you don’t see a journal title you believe you should already be subscribed to, contact us at asainfo@amstat.org. If you would like to add a journal that is not listed, click “Add a Publication,” below the “Journals” column to be taken to the form for subscribing to add-on journals.

Now you’re on the journal’s publisher’s page. You should see “Access provided by American Statistical Association (ASA)” at the top of the page.

1. Click on “Accept” to the bottom right, in the black bar at the bottom of the screen that says “This website uses cookies to ensure you the best experience on our website.”
    2. Browse the articles using the “Latest Articles” link, click to see articles by issue, or use the search bar to search for articles by date and keyword. A green checkmark to the bottom right of an article’s listing indicates the full text is available to download.
    3. Click on the article’s title, when you’ve found an article that interests you.
    4. Click on the green PDF button above the abstract and below the title, on the article’s page.
    5. Click on the download option you prefer (“Download PDF” or “View Interactive PDF”) from the pop-menu that appears.
    6. If the PDF then opens in your browser, choose the “Download” button offered by your browser. (The location and appearance of this button may vary depending on the browser you use.)
    7. Click “Save” in the dialogue box that pops up.

That’s it! The PDF of the article is now saved to your device.

If you have any questions, just contact us here or contact me directly at lara@amstat.org.

- Lara

Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association

• 3.  RE: Are you having trouble downloading JASA or other journal articles?

Posted 03-29-2017 10:25
    Many thanks for this, Lara! I find I can bookmark this URL, which takes me straight to the pubs:
    https://ww2.amstat.org/membersonly/index.cfm?fuseaction=mypublications

David C. Norris, MD
    Precision Methodologies, LLC
    Seattle, WA