ASA Connect

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Potential Whistle Blower firing for apparently refusing to falsify data

• 1.  Potential Whistle Blower firing for apparently refusing to falsify data

Posted 05-20-2020 14:06

Note all: I do not know if Jones' charges are true or not, but they need to be investigated objectively. I have written to Florida Attorney General the letter below so it might get a fair hearing. Despite undercurrents in the press, I do not believe this came from Gov. DeSantis personally. Your voice to the e-mail address below would be helpful in getting this looked at from the top.

Best to all,

Jon

5/20/2020

Dear AG Moody: (Address below)

I hope you will investigate the firing of Ms. Rebekah Jones for both her justice and protecting the reputation of the governor. If Jones' charges are true, there will be finger pointing at the governor, who I am confident would never ask for subordinates to request falsification of any Covid-19 data. But inaction will result in unfounded bad publicity for Gov. DeSantis. For details, see

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-scientist-said-she-was-fired-for-refusing-to-manipulate-covid-19-data/ar-BB14jG4Y?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

If Jones' charges are true, however, then she is a whistleblower, and should be reinstated, while someone up her chain of command, who issued her the order to fabricate her reporting, needs to be charged with administrative misconduct.

citizenservices@myfloridalegal.com

------------------------------
    Jon Shuster

• 2.  RE: Potential Whistle Blower firing for apparently refusing to falsify data

Posted 05-21-2020 07:27
    I emailed the following to my Councilman, who is interested in conveying it to a Representative:

Regarding, Florida's and Georgia's questionable reporting of the coronavirus; 1. a researcher involved in reporting the coronavirus data was fired after she refused to accept questionable presentation of data, and 2. Gov Kemp was caught during his presentation with a graph where dates along the horizontal x-axis and their corresponding data were switched around to show that the deaths were decreasing over time, when, in fact, when placing the dates in their correct order shows that deaths are increasing. Questionable data practices can be spotted from different professionals with their respective perspectives. Perhaps, it may be good to identify or arrange a group of professionals who have access to fully monitor and asses the data gathering and presentation practices across the 50 states. The American Statistical Association, American Epidemiological Society and American Public Health Association are three of a number of societies whose public liaison offices and members may help with monitoring and evaluating the coronavirus data reporting. This monitoring  of the 50 states' data is necessary because, unfortunately, Dr. Colonel Deborah Birx, MD, the Coordinator on the Trump Coronavirus Task Force ,does not appear (at least publicly) to recognize and be concerned about the monitoring and reporting malfeasance occurring. A little peer review can go a long way.

Mark Czarnolewski