ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  FP128 (quad float point ) calculations with multithreaded lapack and blas in R

Posted 01-02-2017 15:14

Hey everyone, 

I need to run some calculations using quadruple float point calculations. Currently I am using MRO with the mkl. I'm running into issues with the float point calculations. Can anyone tell me a way to get FP128 calcs with matrix multiplication in R? I need to use a multithreaded math library like the MKL too.

My research project is at a stand still until I get this fixed. 

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Andrew Ekstrom

Statistician, Chemist, HPC Abuser;-)

• 2.  RE: FP128 (quad float point ) calculations with multithreaded lapack and blas in R

Posted 01-03-2017 13:23

This might get you part way there:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rmpfr/index.html

• 3.  RE: FP128 (quad float point ) calculations with multithreaded lapack and blas in R

Posted 01-05-2017 22:50

I looked at that package. As best I can tell, I can use it for a single value. I need to extend that to the entire matrix though. Not sure how I can do that.

Thanks. 

Andrew Ekstrom

Statistician, Chemist, HPC Abuser;-)

• 4.  RE: FP128 (quad float point ) calculations with multithreaded lapack and blas in R

Posted 01-06-2017 07:59

Hi,

The 'Multi-Precision Arithmetic and Symbolic Mathematics' section of this task view might offer some way forward.

CRAN Task View: Numerical Mathematics

Cheers,

Ben

R-project remove preview
    CRAN Task View: Numerical Mathematics
    This task view on numerical mathematics lists R packages and functions that are useful for solving numerical problems in linear algebra and analysis. It shows that R is a viable computing environment for implementing and applying numerical methods, also outside the realm of statistics.
    View this on R-project >

Ben Tupper