ASA Connect

View Only

Biostatistics & Senior Biostatistics Position opening at Knight Cancer Institute

• 1.  Biostatistics & Senior Biostatistics Position opening at Knight Cancer Institute

Posted 10-31-2019 20:06
      |   view attached

Who We Are
    The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, known as one of the pioneers in personalized cancer medicine, is an international leader in research and cancer treatment.  Driven by its mission to end cancer as we know it, the institute is building upon its expertise in targeted treatments to advance the early detection of cancer when the disease is most treatable. The Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) is one of several OHSU resources supported by the Knight Cancer Institute's National Cancer Institute Cancer Center Support Grant.  The  BSR strives to enhance the quality and rigor of cancer research through professional consultation and collaboration with Knight  Cancer Investigators during all phases of the research life-cycle.  The primary aim of the BSR is to provide comprehensive and integrated biostatistics support to basic, clinical and population science researchers conducting cancer research at OHSU. BSR is housed in the Knight Cancer Research Building, a seven-story, 320,000-square-foot building designed for collaboration.

Position Description
    The Biostatistician I-II and Senior Biostatistician I-II positions play vital roles in supporting the Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) of the Knight Cancer Institute. The incumbent provides biostatistical consulting services to cancer researchers, which includes pre-award and post-award projects.  Pre-award projects include the protocol and grant development (e.g., study design consultation and preparing a statistical analysis plan).  Post-award projects involve initial consultation, project agreement (cost estimate and project planning), data management, statistical analysis, the final project report, and manuscript preparation. These positions involve significant interaction with clients, requiring excellent and effective oral and written communication skills.  For example, the incumbent must be able to explain complex statistical concepts and results to biomedical researchers with very little statistical training. The incumbent is expected to participate in general cancer center activities including attendance at the annual retreat, research program meetings, and seminars.  S/he is expected to learn new statistical methods and keep up with newer, cutting-edge statistical methods in cancer. The position reports directly to the Associate Director of the  Biostatistics Shared Resource (Dr. Byung Park).

Education

Biostatistician I-II: 

• Master's degree in biostatistics or statistics or other related fields (e.g., MPH with emphasis in biostatistics)

Sr. Biostatistician I-II: 

• Doctorate degree in relevant field - OR - 
    • Master's degree in biostatistics or statistics or other related fields (e.g., MPH with emphasis in biostatistics) and 5 years of relevant work experience, - OR -  
    • Bachelor's degree 9 years of relevant work experience 

Preferred: 

• Biostatistician I: If MS, 11-15 years relevant experience  
    • Biostatistician II: If MS, 16+ years relevant experience; if PhD, 5 years relevant experience

Experience

Biostatistician I-II, preferred: 

• Biostatistician I: 0-5 years of relevant experience, 0 years of experience in cancer research
    • Biostatistician II: 6-10 years of relevant experience, 2+ years of experience in cancer research

Sr. Biostatistician I-II, preferred: 

• Biostatistician I: MS with 5+ years' cancer research  or PhD with interest in cancer research
    • Biostatistician II: MS with 10+  years' experience in cancer research or PhD with some  cancer research experience

How to Apply 

Go to http://www.ohsu.edu/jobs and click on the Search for Jobs button. Enter in the ID number in the Keyword Search field: Biostatistician I-II Requisition ID: 2019-1599, Senior Biostatistician I-II Requisition ID: 2019-2145

------------------------------
    Jeong Lim
    Assistant Staff Scientist
    Knight Cancer Institute
    Oregon Health and Science University
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)