ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Analytics Summit in Austin September 27-28

Posted 08-07-2018 14:47
    The recently-formed Center for Research and Analytics at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin will be hosting summit next month on September 27-28. This year's summit will host speakers and panels on a variety of topics including: "Data for the Social Good", "The Productization of Machine Learning", FinTech, Sports and more.

For more information, please see the conference website at http://events.mccombs.utexas.edu/CRASummit2018

We may have a few spots open for speakers or panel. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact me at granger.huntress@utexas.edu

------------------------------
    Granger Huntress
    Director, Center for Research and Analytics
    McCombs School of Business
    The University of Texas at Austin

• 2.  RE: Analytics Summit in Austin September 27-28

Posted 09-05-2018 14:50
    I just wanted to bring up the Texas Analytics Summit again. I know it is short notice, but we have a little capacity and I have been authorized to give a reduced rate for the conference to members of this forum ($150 off, reducing the cost to $100). It is a great opportunity to not only hear some great talks, but hang out in Austin, Texas for a few days!

A few of the speakers are :
    Eric Smith
    Chief Data and Analytics Officer at USAA

Dr. Charles Thomas
    Chief Data and Analytics Officer at General Motors

Brett Hurt
    CEO and co-founder of data.world

Dr. James Scott
    Author of "AIQ: How People and Machines are Smarter Together"

Jodi Blomberg
    Managing Director, Analytic Strategy at Charles Schwab

Robert Welborn
    Head of Data Sciences and Advanced Analytics - Connected Vehicles at General Motors

Please reach out to me if you are interested in attending. Here's a link to the conference website: Texas Analytics Summit 2018

granger.huntress@utexas.edu

Granger Huntress
    Director, Center for Research and Analytics
    McCombs School of Business
    The University of Texas at Austin