ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Want to receive only one email per week from ASA Connect?

Posted 01-22-2018 14:02
    Edited by Lara Harmon 01-24-2018 09:37
    Hello, all!

Feel like receiving one email (the Daily Digest) per day from ASA Connect is still too much? If you weren't already aware of this feature, it's possible to change your subscription settings so you receive only one email per week from ASA Connect! (This feature has been in beta, so it wasn't yet widely publicized. And you can also change to a weekly subscription for any of the discussion groups you belong to, not just ASA Connect.)

Here are the steps you need to take, if you're interested:

How to Change Your Settings to Receive One Email from ASA Community Discussion Groups per Week:

Feel like you're receiving too many emails from a particular discussion group? You can change your settings so you only receive one email from each discussion group per day, but maybe even that is too much. In that case, instead of unsubscribing, you can set your notification settings so you only receive one email from your discussion groups per week.

Here are the steps to make that change to your notification settings:

1. Visit http://community.amstat.org.

2. Click on the "Sign In" button at the top right. (If you see a photo or gray silhouette at the top right instead of the "Sign In" button, you're already signed in. Skip to Step 4.)

3. Log in using the username and password you use to log in to amstat.org.

4. Click on the gray down-pointing arrow next to your photo (or grayed silhouette, if you have not uploaded your photo) in the top right.

5. Click on the gray "Profile" button in the pop-up menu that appears.

6. Click on the "My Account" tab near the top of your profile.

7. Click on the "Community Notifications" option in the drop-down menu that appears.

8. Scroll down to the words "Notification Settings." Below these words, you will see a small slider that reads either "Yes" in blue or "No" in gray. If the slider says "No," click on it to change it to "Yes." This will make sure you receive only the weekly consolidated email from the discussion groups you choose to receive weekly consolidated email from.

9. Scroll down to the list of discussion groups you belong to. Click the empty check box in the column "Consolidated Weekly Digest" next to every discussion group you wish to receive only one weekly email from.

That's it! Note that if you've set more than one discussion group to Consolidated Weekly Digest, you will receive *one* weekly email for *all* of those discussion groups. For instance, if you set three discussion groups to Consolidated Weekly Digest, you will receive only *one* weekly email, which shows the posts made to all *three* of those discussion groups for that week. So if you're a member of a number of discussion groups, setting them all to Weekly Consolidated Digest can be a great way to dramatically cut down on the number of emails you receive.

If you have any questions, just post here or contact me directly at lara@amstat.org.

- Lara

------------------------------
    Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association

• 2.  RE: Want to receive only one email per week from ASA Connect?

Posted 01-24-2018 09:49
    Hello, all!

Several members contacted me to let me know the steps for changing ASA Community subscription settings to weekly were not working for them. That's on me--the first step in the guide should read "Visit http://community.amstat.org," not "amstat.org." I've updated the text to reflect that!

- Lara

Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association