ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Interview with Past President Jessica Utts

Posted 03-21-2017 06:13

I have just published an interview with Past President Jessica Utts if you'd like to read it.

http://www.statisticsviews.com/details/feature/10488756/I-think-our-biggest-challenge-in-statistics-is-having-enough-people-qualified-to.html

Alison Oliver
    Publications Manager

Statistics, StatisticsViews and Wiley StatsRef

Wiley
    9600 Garsington Road,
    Oxford, OX4 2DQ
    UK
    www.wiley.com

T          +44 (0) 1865 476541

M         +44 (0) 7500 794807
    aoliver@wiley.com

image002.jpg@01CD9A3E.7C8D5760

43566 Statistics StatisticsViews banner ad WEBREADY

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England with registered number 641132. Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom. PO19 8SQ.

• 2.  RE: Interview with Past President Jessica Utts

Posted 03-21-2017 10:42

Hello, Alison,

Thank you for sharing this! It has some material that I think our student members would really appreciate. I'm going to share it with them.

- Lara

------------------------------
    Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Interview with Past President Jessica Utts

Posted 03-22-2017 09:39
    Really enjoyed the article.  It provides a wealth of language and examples that applied statisticians can use when interacting with clients who "Call the Statistician" for sample size only and miss out on a rich interactive relationship that could provide a much more meaningful and targeted study design. Phrasing the collaboration in terms of statistical literacy and reproducibility (however defined) is quite imaginative.  Something to try out!