ASA Connect

View Only

ASA Virtual Undergraduate Career Fair

• 1.  ASA Virtual Undergraduate Career Fair

Posted 04-20-2020 08:15

Colleagues:

In this challenging time, I am grateful to be a member of the ASA community as we work together to support each other both professionally and personally. In this spirit, I'm pleased to announce that ASA has launched a FREE Virtual Undergraduate Career Fair for 2020 bachelor's degree candidates. This service will feature valuable tools and resources to support the transition from college graduate to early-career professional.

This virtual experience includes: 

• An online Résumé Repository for résumé review and feedback by established ASA members. 
    • Access to employers who are participating through our built-in message service. 
    • Valuable resources for résumé development, writing cover letters, and tips for interviews. 

ASA Fellow and former president, David Morganstein, will present the first Virtual Career Fair webinar and Q&A, JOB SEARCH 101. It is scheduled for April 29 at 3:00 p.m. ET. We are also seeking volunteers to review resumes and offer suggestions. If you are interested in participating, then please sign up here. 

More information for students and employers is available at https://ww2.amstat.org/virtualcareerservice/. I especially want to encourage members of the community who are aware of hiring opportunities to share this information with their organizations. If you have questions, contact Donna LaLonde at donnal@amstat.org. 

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Wendy Martinez
    Pronouns: she, her, hers
    Director, Mathematical Statistics Research Center
    Bureau of Labor Statistics
    ------------------------------