ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Introducing myself to ASA

Posted 06-15-2019 16:26
    Dear ASA members,

I am happy to join your community. I am a real newbie both to ASA and stats, but looking forward to learn together with you.

I am currently a marine biologist in Norway, working with marine data analysis (such as fisheries and aquaculture). However, I am  diverting my career into (Bio)statistics, so I am following a distance-learning curriculum at the  Hasselt University in Belgium.

In sum, I have experience using practical statistics  for biological data analysis but I haven't yet built a fundamental theoretical knowledge. That is what I will be doing the next 3 years. 
    I haven't decided what field of stats will be my specialization, but I guess it might be Bayesian Spatial Data Analysis (epidemiological data or other).

By joining ASA I hope to meet people with similar interests, get the flavour of stats community, and later - to participate in workshops and volunteer for ASA!

With best wishes,

------------------------------
    MarinaEspinasse

Marine Biologist and DL-student at Hasselt University (Belgium)

• 2.  RE: Introducing myself to ASA

Posted 06-17-2019 10:38
    We are all very excited for you Marina.  You have a great background and attitude.  We hope that you can take advantage of all the ASA has to offer including workshops, webinars, conferences, networking, volunteering and mentoring.  Good luck!

Philip R. Scinto
    Senior Fellow
    The Lubrizol Corporation

• 3.  RE: Introducing myself to ASA

Posted 06-18-2019 06:39
    Dear ASA members,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community.
    I have no doubt now that ASA  is a treasure of excellent people and a collection of great  knowledge.

Hope to meet you on webinars, workshops, and conferences!

Marina Espinasse

Marine Biologist and DL-student at Hasselt University (Belgium)