ASA Connect

View Only

Seeking statistician with GIS data experience

• 1.  Seeking statistician with GIS data experience

Posted 10-26-2016 12:56

Greetings all,

If anyone is interested in a possible collaboration, I'm seeking a statistician with interests in or experience working with GIS data, an area in which I have little experience.  I've written papers in many different branches of medicine (diabetes, cardiovascular medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, etc) but most of them used fairly "vanilla" analytic strategies (mostly survival analyses, with occasional appearances of logistic regression, propensity-score matched analyses, or mixed-effects models) so this is an entirely new dimension for me.

I work with physicians from a major hospital system (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), and we are developing an NIH grant proposal that would integrate GIS data with our EHR's to examine social determinants of health and their relationship to a number of outcomes.  The faculty member who wants to pursue this is extremely sharp and I think the proposal is meritorious, but we think it would be highly beneficial to add someone with expertise in this area, both for the application as well as rounding out our team with someone equipped to handle this type of data.  Please contact me directly to talk specifics.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Andrew D. Althouse, PhD
    Supervisor of Statistical Projects
    UPMC Heart & Vascular Institute
    Presbyterian Hospital, Office C701
    Phone: 412-802-6811
    Email: althousead@upmc.edu
    ------------------------------