ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Rubric to evaluate statistical consulting internship/practica?

Posted 09-28-2016 15:49

Is anyone able and willing to share rubrics or other instruments used to assess student performance in statistical consulting internships or practicum experiences?

Specifically, I'm looking for a rubric external (non-faculty) supervisors could use to evaluate student performance.  I've been working to modify rubrics used in other disciplines (health fields, teacher education), but would love to see any that have been developed for statistics or data science practica.

------------------------------
    Brad Thiessen
    Professor, Department of Mathematics & Statistics
    Director of Institutional Performance Assessment
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Rubric to evaluate statistical consulting internship/practica?

Posted 09-29-2016 10:47
      |   view attached

Hi Brad,

This attached document would fall under "other resource".  The students needed to complete this memo for me to assess their ability to piece together the consulting interaction into a meaningful scientific question and research approach. 

I'm not sure if/how attachments work on this site, so if you cannot access it, let me know and I will send it to you directly.

Becky Slack, MS

Sr Statistical Analyst

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.

Attachment(s)