ASA Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Multi-functional statistical app

Posted 09-18-2016 11:16
    I used to have an app on my iPhone that was handy (and free!).  It had about a half dozen of those essential probability capabilities including coin flips, random number generation, rock/paper/scissors, dice, short straw.  Alas, when upgrading my iPhone operating system, I somehow lost the app....and can't remember its name.   Can anyone give a suggestion here.  Otherwise I have to flip a real coin to make menu selections in a restaurant.   Thanks for your help.    Barry

--
    Barry D. Nussbaum
    StatisticsBarry@gmail.com

Statistics Count So Count On Us

• 2.  RE: Multi-functional statistical app

Posted 09-19-2016 06:22

Dear Barry,

If you go into the "App Store" on iOS 10, you should have 5 tabs at the bottom of the screen:  Featured, Categories, Top Charts, Purchased, Updates, and if you choose the Purchased tab, you can probably find your app inside there, and re-download it, if necessary (assuming that this app works on iOS 10 and that you somehow just inadvertently lost it).  I hope that helps!

Unfortunately, I did a little searching myself, and I bet your app was called "Undecided".  There used to be a simple app called "Undecided" that did the 6 things that you said.  See here for a description:  http://ictwithmissc.weebly.com/statistics-and-probability.html  but that app does not seem to be available on the App Store anymore.  The app that is now called "Undecided" has some inappropriate themes, and all 20 reviews are complaining that it replaced a previously nice app like you described.  So I presume that the former app called "Undecided" which you are probably describing is no longer on the App Store, but rather, it has been replaced by something less desirable.

I hope that is helpful (albeit, unfortunate) information.  When your iPhone updated, I bet your previous app was not supported on iOS 10, so it is probably gone forever.

Best wishes,
    Mark Daniel Ward

mdw@purdue.edu

------------------------------
    Mark Daniel Ward
    mdw@purdue.edu