ASA Connect

View Only

Last week in ASA Connect - what did you miss?

• 1.  Last week in ASA Connect - what did you miss?

Posted 09-13-2016 12:36

I'm not quite sure how we got to the middle of September already, but here we are! If you're a student or work in academia, I hope the fall semester is off to a good start--I know I've been talking with a number of you about back-to-school departmental social and student chapter events this past week!

Tomorrow (Wednesday, September 14th--which could be today, depending on when you read this!) is This Is Statistics' Sport Statistics Webinar. The webinar's free, but limited to the first 200 connections. To join, visit http://thisisstatistics.org/sportsanalytics tomorrow (September 14th) before the webinar's start time at 5 pm EDT, and click the link at the bottom of the page.

Just one new conversation this past week! (Everyone must have been busy with the start of September!)
    Post-grad Veena KN is interested in learning more about scale development and quality management. Do you have any recommendations for courses, programs, or other resources for her? She hasn't received any public responses yet!

On the other hand, four conversations are still ongoing!
    You're still sharing your thoughts on Excel. This might be your last chance to share your thoughts before the conversation peters out, so why not go ahead?

Steve Pierson's post on the search for a U.S. Chief Statistician prompted some conversation.

You shared a few more recommendations for undergrad level texts on regression analysis with Raid Amin.

You also came up with a handful of further examples of early animated statistical graphics for Michael Friendly.

------------------------------
    Lara Harmon
    Marketing and Online Community Coordinator
    American Statistical Association
    ------------------------------