ASA Connect

View Only

Vacancy for MS Biostatistician

• 1.  Vacancy for MS Biostatistician

Posted 01-09-2015 14:55
    This message has been cross posted to the following eGroups: ASA Connect and Statistics in Epidemiology Section .
    -------------------------------------------

Description:

The Institute of Healthcare Delivery Science (I-HDS) is an innovative and trans-disciplinary research institute within the Department of Population Health Science and Policy at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Its mission is to develop, analyze, and disseminate clinical evidence toward improvements in the quality, safety, outcomes and efficiency of care delivered in the Mount Sinai Health System, an integrated health care system now encompassing seven hospitals within New York City.

I-HDS is currently seeking a Master's level Biostatistician. He/she will work closely with I-HDS faculty and Biostatisticians of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Center for Biostatistics. This position entails collaborating on several projects with researchers and clinicians across the Mount Sinai Health System to identify and manage datasets, to conduct analyses, and to report research findings in order to improve the effectiveness, safety, and efficiency of health care delivery.

I-HDS provides Master's level Biostatisticians excellent opportunities to develop professionally, which involves strong mentorship and participation in disseminating research findings through scientific papers and meetings.

Duties and Responsibilities:

• Design of large observational studies based on institutional EPIC electronic health record and national administrative medical databases.
    • Data management and statistical programming.
    • Conducting data analysis and report writing under the mentorship of senior staff.
    • Decision and cost-effectiveness analysis. The candidate will receive additional training in decision analytic methods including cost-effectiveness analysis of alternative health care interventions, and meta-analysis.

Minimum Qualifications:

• Master's degree in Biostatistics or a related discipline (such as computer science, mathematics, econometrics, engineering, physical sciences)
    • Experience with regression and survival analysis.
    • Excellent computer skills are required including experience with programming in SAS, Stata, SPSS, S-Plus, and/or R.
    • Proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
    • Candidates must have excellent written and communication skills in English and must be able to work independently, under minimal supervision, and as part of a team.

Preferred Qualifications:

• Two or more years of experience as a statistical programmer or analyst.
    • As the I-HDS has a strong interest in computer simulation studies of health care interventions, experience with stochastic simulation models is desirable.
    • Previous collaborative research experience with health care related data is a plus.

Please apply for this position using  http://www.mountsinai.org/careers/career-pathways/research/biostatistician-ii-14-1718354

Madhuchhanda Mazumdar
    Icahn School of Medicine At Mount Sinai