ASA Connect

View Only

MS SQL SERVER STAT TOOLS /TIMES SERIES

• 1.  MS SQL SERVER STAT TOOLS /TIMES SERIES

Posted 12-17-2014 14:07
    This message has been cross posted to the following eGroups: Statistical Consulting Section and ASA Connect .
    -------------------------------------------

Dear Fellow Members of ASA,

Has anyone experience they can relate to me regarding

Microsoft SQL Server Time Series  predictions tools, such as described at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677216.aspx

The problem I am looking at regards workflow from stations

A to Station B to Station C.  Station C wants to predict their workload over a time horizon of three to six months

There is a certain average and standard deviation for times spent at each station A, B.  Besides Excel I can only work in the MS SQL Server environment. 

I am not doing research or trying to do something advanced but trying to identify and use things such as lag, trend, random and seasonal components to develop a workload prediction model.  Again I must produce a model and one that runs periodically by management perhaps using MS SQL reporting tools.  I can use excel to get ideas etc.

So who knows where I might get answers from but most likely a statistician working in business who has to use this tool.  I know Oracle, Teradata in an SQL sense but know nothing about MS SQL.  So have questions like
    • Is it user friendly
    • Easy to get results and present them.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Gregory Dobbins, Ph.D. in Mathematics with post grad studies in Statistics and business experience
    803 238 4170

J. Dobbins