SSPA Conference Grant Program for Students and Recent Graduates
The ASA Section for Statistical Programmers and Analysts (SSPA) has a small grant program to pay the primary registration fees for section members who have recently graduated and who want to attend an ASA conference.
- The applicant is a current student or has graduated from a college or university within the previous three years with a degree in statistics, biostatistics, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- The applicant must be a member of the SSPA in the year for which funds are requested.
- The conference must be an ASA-sponsored conference, such as the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) or the ASA Conference on Statistical Practice.
- The applicant should fill out the Conference Grant Application and send the application to Wenxian Zhou, SSPA Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The decision to approve a grant is dependent upon sufficient funds being available. If possible, send your application before you register for the conference. However, you can also send an application after registration.
- Applications should be received at least six weeks prior to the start of a conference.
- The Treasurer will administer this grant program and present an annual report to the Executive Committee. A maximum of 10 awards are authorized per year, and no person shall receive more than $500 during a calendar year.
Download the SSPA Conference Grant Application